To import a file from Calendar Creator Plus, you must first export the Calendar Creator Plus data as a CSV file, and then import that CSV file into CalendarWiz.
To save the Calendar Creator Plus file as a ".csv" file, follow these steps:
- Go to File menu -> point to Save As -> select the Event list you want to export.
- In the Save Event List, type a file name.
- In the Save File As Type list, click to select Comma Delimited (.csv).
- Make a note of the folder where the file will be saved, and click OK.
- In the "Specify date range" dialog, type the Starting and Ending dates you want to export and click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
Before uploading to CalendarWiz, prepare your import file on your computer. Your import file must contain column headings in the first row that match those headings listed below. Remaining rows must contain valid event data.
Required Column Headings:
- Subject Event title with maximum of 255 chars
- Start date in mm/dd/yyyy format
- Start time in hh:mm format with am or pm
- End date in mm/dd/yyyy format
- End time in hh:mm format with am or pm
Optional Column Headings:
- All Day Event Contains TRUE for all day event, FALSE for timed event
- Meeting Organizer Contains text information on meeting organizer
- Categories* Calendar category text with maximum of 150 chars (see note on categories)
- Description text with maximum of 5000 chars
- Location text with maximum of 1000 chars
*Note: Categories are used to group events into separate calendar views. Categories in your import file that match exactly with existing calendar categories will place events in those matching categories. Categories that are not already in your calendar will be imported as new categories. The total number of existing plus new categories cannot exceed the total number of categories allowed for your calendar subscription. Trial calendars are limited to three.
Locate Import File For Upload
Login to Calendar -> Go to Administration Menu -> Upload Events -> Click on the Browse button to display the file locator window. Use this window to locate and open the import file on your computer. The path to the file will then be shown in the space below.
Upload Import File
Click the upload button below and your file will be uploaded to your calendar. The upload may take a few moments depending on the size of your import file.
After uploading, your imported events will be displayed for your approval. If acceptable, you can then proceed with importing the events to your calendar.
Problems With Import
After uploading you may see warnings and problems identified with you import file. Warnings will not prevent you from importing your events but should be reviewed to understand how these will affect your imported events. Problems identified will prevent you from importing your events and must be corrected in the import file before you can proceed. Some typical warnings and problems are:
WARNING (able to proceed after review)
- Text fields are too long and will be shortened on import
- Invalid date or time, this event will not be imported
- Event missing category, category selected in drop down will be used
- New category found and will be added to calendar
PROBLEM (not able to proceed with import)
- Maximum categories exceeded for this calendar
- Required heading missing on first row of file
- Maximum number of events exceeded