First, make sure you are clicking only once on the event title, clicking twice causes the popup window to open and then close immediately.
Next, you may have "popup stopper" software installed that is blocking the popup window from opening. There are many pop-up blockers available and newer browsers have popup stopper features built-in. Here is a list of the most popular. Look below for instructions on how to disable them:
• Internet Explorer 7 & 8 - *Windows Live Toobar*
• Netscape 8.1 or later
• Google™ Toolbar
• Microsoft Windows XP SP2
• Pop-Up Stopper
• Popup Manager (for Internet Explorer)
• Starware Toolbar (for Internet Explorer)
• Norton Internet Securities
Note: There are many pop-up blocking utilities available - this is just a list of the most popular. One way to test if you have a popup blocker installed, or to test if it is working, navigate to www.popuptest.com and click on the Multi Pop-up link. It will open 10 pop-up windows; if it does not then you have something blocking the pop-ups.
Internet Explorer 7 & 8 - Microsoft
1. Click on the "Tools" button
2. Mouse down to "Popup Blocker"
3. Select "Turn Off Popup Blocker"
You can also choose to keep the Popup Blocker active but allow Popups from www.calendarwiz.com. Follow steps 1 and 2 above and select "Popup Blocker Options" to access this IE 7 feature.
Windows Live Toolbar
We have observed that turning off the Popup Blocker when the Windows Live Toolbar is also installed in Internet Explorer will not turn off the Popup Blocker. You must uninstall Windows Live Toolbar to turn off the Popup Blocker. To uninstall Windows Live Toolbar:
1. On the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2. Click Windows Live Toolbar, and then click Remove.
You can also remove Windows Live Toolbar by clicking the arrow next to the Windows Live logo , pointing to Help, and then clicking Uninstall.
Netscape 8.1 or later
1. Open your Netscape 8.1 browser and go to your calendar.
2. Open the Netscape 8.1 Security Center by clicking on the "Security Center" button in the upper right of the browser window.
3. Click on the "Current Site Settings" button in the Security Center window.
4. Click on the blue arrow button next to "Features for this Site".
5. Uncheck the "Open requested pop-ups in new tab" box.
6. Click on the "Trust Settings" tab in the Site Controls window.
7. Select the "I Trust This Site" button in the Site Controls window.
8. Click on the "Done" button in the Site Controls window.
9. Close the Security Center window by clicking on the X box in the upper right corner of the Security Center window.
If the Google Toolbar is blocking CalendarWiz, there are three ways to disable it:
1. To let a pop-up through on a one-time basis, press and hold the Ctrl key as you click on a link to navigate to a new page.
2. The pop-up blocker can also remember certain sites and allow them to launch pop-up windows. To add CalendarWiz to your list of permitted sites, click on the pop-up blocker button while viewing www.calendarwiz.com.
3. To completely disable the pop-up blocker, click the Options button in the Google toolbar and clear the checkbox next to Popup Blocker in the Accessories section.
If Pop-Up Blocker is blocking CalendarWiz, there are three ways to override it:
1. Turn off Pop-Up Blocker by clicking the Pop-Up Blocker menu and deselect Enable Pop-Up Blocker. The toolbar button changes to indicate that the blocker is disabled .
2. Press and hold the Ctrl (or ) key while clicking a link to override Pop-Up Blocker and allow any pop-up windows resulting from the click.
3. Add the source of the pop-up window to your Allowed List by clicking the Pop-Up Blocker menu and selecting Always Allow Pop-Ups From.... Then calendarwiz from the Sources of Recently Blocked Pop-Ups list and click Allow.
AOL®Toolbar (This tool bar is denoted by the yellow AOL instant messenger man)
1. Click Toolbar Options on the AOL toolbar (Looks like a gear on toolbar)
2. Click Toolbar Option... -> go to Pop-Ups tab.
3. In the Pop-Ups tab of the Pop-Up Control Settings window, select Allow Web pop-ups from these sites from the available options.
4. Enter www.calendarwiz.com and click Add. Click Save.
Microsoft Windows XP SP2
When you install the Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Pop-up Blocker is automatically turned on in Internet Explorer and set to the medium setting, which means that it will block most automatic pop-ups. To allow Pop-ups from CalendarWiz:
1. Launch an Internet Explorer browser window.
2. In the Tools toolbar menu, point to Pop-up Blocker, and then click Pop-up Blocker Settings.
3. Type www.calendarwiz.com in the Address of Web site to allowbox, and then click Add. Click the Close button to exit.
If you have Pop-Up Stopper, an icon will appear in the bottom right hand corner of your screen.
1. To disable the blocker, right-click on the Pop-Up Stopper software icon.
2. Un-check the checkbox next to Enable pop-up blocking.
3. You can re-enable the software when you are done using CalendarWiz
1. Open the Edit toolbar menu and choose the Preferences option.
2. On the right-hand column, under the Privacy & Security Preferences category, click on the Popup Windows topic. (If no sub-categories are visible, double-click on the title Privacy & Security to expand the list.)
3. You can either de-select the box next to Block unrequested popup windows to completely disable the pop-up blocking software, or add CalendarWiz to a list of allowed sites.
4. To do this, click the Allowed Sites... button, type www.calendarwiz.com into the text field, and then click Add. Click OK.
5. An alternative method of doing this is to browse to www.calendarwiz.com, and then click on the Tools toolbar menu. Choose Popup Manager and then select the Allow Popus From ThisSite option.
1. Go to the Tools toolbar menu and select Options
2. When the Options window opens, click on the Web features icon in the left-hand panel.
3. Uncheck the box next to Block Popup Windows. Then, click the OK button to exit the Options window.
4. Alternatively, you can leave the Block Popup Windows box checked and click on the Allowed Sites button to the right of it. In the Allowed Sites window that opens, type www.calendarwiz.com in the text field beneath Address of the web site. Click the Allow button to the right of the text field and then click OK.
Popup Manager (for Internet Explorer)
1. Launch a new Internet Explorer browser window and navigate to www.calendarwiz.com
2. Right-click with your mouse on the small color-coded area in the bottom left corner of your browser window. This bar of color will appear either red or green and is called a "widget".
3. In the resulting drop-down menu, select the option to Allow Popups from www.calendarwiz.com. Note: In order to enable popups on an individual basis, press the Ctrl key while clicking on whatever is initiating the desired popup window.
Starware Toolbar (for Internet Explorer)
• To allow popups from CalendarWiz, launch a new Internet Explorer browser window and navigate to www.calendarwiz.com. Once you are on the CalendarWiz home page, click on the Popup Blocker button in the Starware Toolbar. Once you do, the toolbar button will change to indicate that popups will now be allowed from CalendarWiz.
• To completely disable the popup blocker, click on the arrow next to the Starware logo on the left-hand end of the toolbar. This will display the main menu; select the Preferences... option from the resulting drop-down list. In the message window that appears, uncheck the box to Enable Popup Blocker. Click OK to close the window.
Norton Internet Securities
One of the more common popup blockers now is included in Norton's Internet Security suite. One of the easiest ways to identify if you have Norton's Internet Security suite is to locate the icon in the system tray (see image below). This is also how you can disable it temporarily. To disable it:
1. Right click on the icon
2. Choose Disable from the menu