You can create an upcoming events list that includes only "Special" or "Featured Events" without including all events in a specific category.
Here's how you do it:
- First, turn on the "Mirror Category" option via: Admin Menu > under Calendar Settings > Calendar Options > under "View Controls" > "Check to enable event mirror categories" > Save
(this feature will allow you to add an event to more than one category)
- Next, add a new category to your calendar named "Featured Events" or something similar via:
Admin Menu > under Calendar Settings > Categories > Add > Name the category "Featured Events" > Save
(You will be mirroring your special events into this category so that you can pull only these events into your upcoming events list.)
- Edit/Add Special Events to mirror them into the new "Featured Events" Category. Do this by selecting the new "Featured Events" category as a mirror category in the add/edit event screen.
- Create an Upcoming Events List theme that pulls events from only the "Featured Events" category.
Go to Admin Menu > Website Plugins > Upcoming Events List > Themes Tab > Click New > Name Theme > Go to Script Tab -> Select the new "Featured Events" category from list > Save
Customize settings via List Tab and Events Tab > Save
- Below is a knowledgebase article providing more information about adding an upcoming events list to your website:
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.