Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Browse by category:
Import Outlook calendar events into CalendarWiz
To import MS Outlook calendar events into your CalendarWiz calendar, you must export your Outlook events to a file and then import that file into CalendarWiz. CalendarWiz accepts either .csv (comma separated values) file format or .ics file format for import events.
Instructions to export Outlook 2000, 2003, or 2007 calendar events to .csv file:
- Open Outlook and go to calendar view.
- From the File menu, choose "Import and Export...".
- Choose "Export to a file" and click Next.
- Choose "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" and click Next.
- Choose the calendar folder and click Next.
- Browse to location for saving file and click Next.
- When you see "Export appointments from folder: Calendar", click Finish
- Your file will be saved to the location on your computer.
Instructions to export Outlook 2010 events to .csv file:
- Open outlook and go to calendar
- Click the File menu the -> select Open -> select Import
- Select "export to a file"
- Choose file type "Comma Separated Values (Windows) -> Click [Next]
- Select calendar that you want to export -> click [Next] button
- Enter a name for the file and click [Finish] button
- Set date range to export -> click [OK]
Note: before importing a .csv file open and review the file on your computer. Your import file must contain the below "required column headings" and the remaining rows must contain valid event data.
Required Column Headings:
Subject Event title with maximum of 255 chars
Start date in mm/dd/yyyy format
Start time in hh:mm format with am or pm
End date in mm/dd/yyyy format
End time in hh:mm format with am or pm
Optional Column Headings:
All Day Event Contains TRUE for all day event, FALSE for timed event
Meeting Organizer Contains text information on meeting organizer
Categories* Calendar category text with maximum of 150 chars (see note on categories)
Description text with maximum of 5000 chars
Location text with maximum of 1000 chars
*Categories are used to group events into separate calendar views. Categories in your import file that match exactly with existing calendar categories will place events in those matching categories. Categories that are not already in your calendar will be imported as new categories. The total number of existing plus new categories cannot exceed the total number of categories allowed for your calendar subscription. Trial calendars are limited to three categories. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more categories.
Import Events into CalendarWiz
- Go to Admin Menu -> Import Events
- Click on the Browse button to display the file locator window. Use this window to locate and open the import file on your computer. The path to the file will then be shown in the space below.
- Upload Import File
Click the upload button below and your file will be uploaded to your calendar. The upload may take a few moments depending on the size of your import file.
After uploading, your imported events will be displayed for your approval. If acceptable, you can then proceed with importing the events to your calendar.
Problems With Import
After uploading you may see warnings and problems identified with you import file. Warnings will not prevent you from importing your events but should be reviewed to understand how these will affect your imported events. Problems identified will prevent you from importing your events and must be corrected in the import file before you can proceed. Some typical warnings and problems are:
WARNING (able to proceed after review)
- Text fields are too long and will be shortened on import
- Invalid date or time, this event will not be imported
- Event missing category, category selected in drop down will be used
- New category found and will be added to calendar
PROBLEM (not able to proceed with import)
- Maximum categories exceeded for this calendar
- Required heading missing on first row of file
- Maximum number of events exceeded
If you continue to have any problems with importing an event file please send an email to email@example.com